Are you looking to collect donations via your WordPress website?
The simplest way to collect funds is to install a free WordPress donation plugin.
Hi, I am Abizer Izzy! In this post, I am sharing my collection of the best charity WordPress plugins. Some of these WP fundraising donation plugins are free and paid.
Table of Contents
Why Should You Install A WordPress Donations Plugin?
Stand on a street with a placard to collect donations and see the result yourself. You will see a few people showing sympathy toward your donation collection.
A unique way to collect donations is to have a donations button on your WordPress site.
A donation button on your blog/website by installing a nonprofit WordPress plugin has better chances of visibility.
Since online shopping is increasing around the world, it gives you an edge over others. You can streamline your payments with a payment gateway plugin integrated for free.
A website is a more authentic way to collect donations. Everything about the charity or charitable fund can be illustrated peculiarly.
A WordPress donations form plugin comes with attractive features. This would include attractive CTA buttons, hierarchical forms, and a secure payment gateway.
You can also install a WordPress Charity plugin with ready-to-use templates. Any donation plugin would seamlessly integrate with a WordPress donation theme.
Top Free WordPress Plugins For Donations, Fundraising, and Charity
GiveWP is the best free WordPress donations form plugin. With GiveWP’s intuitive donor management & fundraiser reporting plugin, you can raise more money. The plugin allows you to create a donation site and accept payments worldwide. There are multiple payment methods for different countries.
Reasons why GiveWP is the best WP fundraising donation plugin:
- Support for Google Analytics 4 & SendWP for email deliverability.
- Customizable fundraiser form plugin to create stunning donation forms.
- Gives donors more power with recurring donation options.
- Text-to-give integration via Twilio provides multiple donation options.
- Choose a variety of payment options and let donors switch currency.
- Works seamlessly with landing page builders like Elementor, etc.
- Configure your fundraising goals to show some urgency.
💰 Price: Free
All plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
WP Charitable is a zero transaction fee WordPress donation plugin. All transactions made via WP Charitable plugin are secured by Stripe.
The newsletter connects extension allows you to integrate with email marketing tools. You can add donors to your mailing list by integrating MailChimp, Active Campaign, and more.
Is WP Charitable the best charitable WordPress plugin?
- Takes less than 5 minutes to set up your charity campaign.
- Along with Stripe integration, you can accept donations via PayPal.
- Within a few clicks, you can make your charity form GDPR-ready.
- The plugin works fantastic with any WordPress theme.
- It allows you to create unlimited campaigns tailored & customized to your needs.
- No add-ons are needed – a single dashboard to manage your donations.
Does the WP Charitable plugin offer a free trial?
No, there’s no free trial plan. But all the plans come with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
This free Cryptocurrency donation plugin lets you accept donations in Bitcoin & Altcoins. Simply add your crypto wallet address and save the widget.
You can then copy the shortcode and paste it anywhere on your WordPress donation site.
- Accept Bitcoin, Cardano, Ethereum, and other major cryptocurrencies.
- Add any coin wallet address.
- Also generates a QR code that is easily visible and noticeable.
- Attractive box design.
- Copy and paste the cryptocurrency donation box shortcode anywhere on your website.
PayPal as we all know is the safest payment gateway to receive funds domestically & internationally. You will be surprised to learn that the PayPal WordPress donation plugin allows you to accept donations via your website.
Simply creating a campaign, adding a button, or sharing a link can help you accept donations.
- Set up PayPal in minutes without any technical knowledge with one click.
- PayPal charges lower transaction fees without any setup or cancellation fees.
- Customize your donations page as you want.
- A QR code helps you collect donations wherever you want.
- Customized button with recurring donations option.
- Share PayPal donations link via social media platforms.
No setup fees, only transaction fees.
Woo Donations is a free plugin to accept donations in WooCommerce. The plugin allows donors to set the donation amount.
The donor can change the donation amount at the checkout page. You can choose a donation product with no shipping or non-taxable.
- After plugin installation, the donation button is displayed on the cart & checkout page.
- Customize donation button text & color as per your product or theme.
- Use a shortcode to display the donation form on the cart, checkout, or any other page.
- Choose any product from the products list to set it as a donation.
- The Pro plan offers 24/7 and round-the-clock updates.
- $29 for a lifetime
WP Crowdfunding is a premium fundraising WordPress plugin from Themeum. You can create a full-fledged WooCommerce website with Stripe payment integration. There’s a 30-day money-back guarantee that gets processed within 48 hours.
- Free for lifetime plan + Pro plan with add-ons.
- Includes the backend system to manage fundraising for backers.
- Allows the project owner to send a withdrawal request for funds raised.
- Easy integration with Stripe to receive local funds.
- Manage the front end seamlessly with automated calculations.
- Reporting and statistics on the dashboard.
Donorbox is a free recurring WordPress donation plugin to embed a donation form on your WP site. It is easy to integrate and increases your donations and conversions.
Is Donorbox trustworthy?
Here’s why should trust Donorbox:
- Ready to use in under 15 minutes.
- Customize the form to use as a pop-up donation form.
- Supports multiple payment methods including Stripe, PayPal, ApplePay, Venmo, ACH, Credit/Debit cards, and Google Pay.
- The plugin supports multiple languages that can be set manually.
- Works charm on any device.
- Free to use the plugin, but charges 1.5% on all donation transactions. Stripe and PayPal charges are extra per transaction.
8. YITH Donations for WooCommerce
This WooCommerce donation plugin by YITH allows users to create a non-profit donation website. This isn’t a free plugin and comes along with premium support and updates along with the paid license.
What are the benefits of the YITH donation plugin?
- Insert the donation form on any WooCommerce product or page.
- Set the price for donations yourself by setting a minimum and maximum price.
- Customize the donation button.
- Get a list of donation orders filtered.
- Easy to embed shortcodes that can be used anywhere.
YITH donations plugin offers one simple price of $79.99/year
Related WordPress Plugins
- 10 Best WooCommerce Customization Plugins: Free + Paid
- 5 Best WooCommerce Dropshipping Plugins 2023 (WP Plugins)
Conclusion: Which is the best free WordPress Donations Form Plugin?
With a plethora of WordPress donation plugins free of cost, choosing one could be complex. In my opinion, you should go for GiveWP as it supports Google Analytics 4 & SendWP.
I hope my outlined article on the best free Donations plugin WordPress was helpful & informative.
Keep visiting AffReborn.com for more such valuable content.
Be Healthy, Be Wise, and Keep Sharing!
Take Care Reborns
🌟 FAQs | Best WordPress Donation Plugins
Which is the best WordPress donation plugin?
GiveWP provides both free and paid WordPress plugins for WordPress donation sites. The plugin has had the most active downloads with GA4 and SendWP support recently.
Is PayPal better than GiveWP?
PayPal is only a payment gateway to accept and send payments. While GiveWP integrates with PayPal to accept donations along with customized fundraising forms.
Is the PayPal Donation button free?
The PayPal donation button can be integrated into a WooCommerce website easily. The fees charged are lower for eligible charities. Signing up with a PayPal Business account offers more features than an Individual account.
Which fundraising WordPress plugin is best?
If you are looking for a free and paid fundraising plugin, then GiveWP is the best charity WordPress plugin. Other than that, you can try WP Crowdfunding and WP Charitable.
Who owns the WP Charitable plugin?
WP Charitable WordPress plugin for creating a fundraising website is now part of the Awesome Motive Family. The AM family of brands is owned and run by popular WordPress creator Syed Balkhi.
Is Donorbox safe?
Yes, Donorbox is PCI compliant and all data including payments are protected by SSL. The plugin does not share or sell any customer information to any third party.